Facilities for Software Development Firms and Other IT enabled Services:
Vishakhapatnam Special Economic Zone (VSEZ) is providing high-speed dotcom and Internet facilities to the software exporters from the zone. A state of the art Satellite Earth Station is located within the zone complex. Network Management Center (NMC) provides round the clock technical support.
Software and other related firms can be setup in VSEZ or anywhere in the state of Andhra Pradesh and get registered as EOU from VSEZ. In either case, the Letter of Permission (LOP) is issued by the Development Commissioner, VSEZ.
The Government of India and the Govt of Andhra Pradesh offer a liberal package of incentives/concessions to the software industry.
Policy provisions for software units
The software units under SEZZ scheme enjoy the following benefits:
INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITIES OFFERED:
- 50% of value of exports of products/services can be sold in Domestic Tariff Area (DTA).
- Units are allowed to use their computer system for training purpose (including commercial training) within their premises.
- Exports can be in any form including export of professional services.
- Built up space of any size is readily available in the Standard Design Factory (SDF) Complexes.
- Units are provided with backup power facility.
- Good quality power, water at reasonable rates.
- Telephone, Fax facilities on out of turn basis.
- Banks, Post Office, Courier, Travels, Xerox and other support services are available within the zone premises.
SERVICES OFFERED BY STPI VISHAKHAPATNAM:
- State of the art 01F2 Satellite Earth Station of 20 mbps capacity within the zone premises provides high speed dotcom and internet services of required bandwidth with no bandwidth constraints.
- Redundancy between Hyderabad and Vishakhapatnam.
- Network Management Center (NMC) to provide round the clock technical assistance.
- Incubation center to facilitate early start of the unit.
- Integral part of NMC and SES.
Soft Point is a point to point data link, offering speeds ranging from 64 kbps to 2 mbps to attach your network to your own or the client's network abroad.
STPI is a "Class A" ISP Service Provider and the Soft Link service offers IP connectivity to the Internet including all value added services. This service can be accessed via a Leased Line or Microwave link and through LAN in the STP Complex.