Welcome to the "City Of Destiny", a booming industrial city on the east coast of India, which has been ranked as one of the fastest developing cities in the world. From a small fishing village, the city of Visakhapatnam, popularly known as Vizag, has burgeoned into a bustling Port and industrial city.
The most conspicuous landmark at Visakhapatnam is the Dolphin's nose, a rock promontory jutting out into the sea. With a magnificent natural harbour, Visakhapatnam has two ports with every kind of facility an exporter looks for. The strategic position of Visakhapatnam on the Bay of Bengal as an Eastern Gateway for India, provides numerous economic and commercial advantages to investors.
It has a distinct locational advantage on the east coast with easy access to Southeast Asia, South Asia, Japan and Korea. The city has excellent access by rail, road and air links.
With abundant natural resources in its hinterland, well developed means of transport, telecommunications, and infrastructure facilities, Visakhapatanam offers unlimited potential for industrial growth. Presence of major industries in the Public and Private sectors viz. oil refinery, zinc, fertilizers, steel, dredging, heavy engineering, ship building, power generation etc., has made Visakhapatnam the commercial capital of Andhra Pradesh.
Communal harmony, peaceful industrial relations, abundant availability of English speaking professionals and skilled/semi-skilled personnel and the excellent social infrastructure at low cost make Visakhapatnam a right destination for any business venture.
Andhra University, one of the oldest Universities in India and several affiliated Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics and Industrial Training Institutes provide professionally skilled manpower. Indian professionals working in USA and other countries are mostly from Andhra Pradesh. The city has several star hotels like The Park, Taj Gateway, Grand Bay, Dolphin, Daspalla, Green Park, etc. Modern and state-of-art medical facilities, recreational facilities, educational institutions, long beaches, tourist spots etc., make Vizag an ideal place to live and work.
To summarise, Vizag is:
- A major industrial center on the East coast of India with excellent Ports.
- A bustling city with a population of 2 million.
- A cosmopolitan city with peaceful industrial relations.
- A very scenic city with moderate weather conditions.
- A logistics hub, well connected by road, rail, sea and air.
External infrastructure facilities
- Visakhapatnam is on NH-5 (Kolkata-Chennai)
- Road Connecting NH-5 to VSEZ (2.5KM) is being widened to 4 Lane Road
- Visakhapatnam Railway Station is a junction and Divisional Headquarters. It is on Chennai-Kolkata broad guage line and the entire track is fully electrified
- One of the highest Cargo Handlers in Indian Railways
- Duvvada is nearest Rail Head to VSEZ with Railway Siding Facility
- All weather Port with 24 berths.
- A dedicated container Berth that can handle Post Panamax Main-Line Container Ships
- Excellent facilities for bulk handling
- Fully computerized operations
- Low tariff and high quality service at optimum cost
- First Indian Port to bag ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001 Certifications.
- Well connected by Air to Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad
- International flights are likely to operate soon
- Declared as Customs Airport for Import/Export of Air Cargo
- APSTC is the custodian for Import/Export Cargo
Recreational & hospitality facilities
- 5 Star to 3 Star Clubs/ Resorts
- 5 Star to 3 Star Hotels
- Golf Course
- Amusement Park
- Multipurpose Stadiums
- Corporate Hospitals
- 40 Km long serene Beach Road with several View Points and Hillocks
- Important Buddhist important places like Thottlakonda, Bavikonda, Bojjannakonda
- Hill Station 100 Km Away - ARUKU
- Naturally formed Deep Caves ( BORRA CAVES)
" Engineering Colleges - 10 (Graduate Level)
" Polytechniques - 5 (Diploma Level)
" Industrial training institutes - 30 (Technical certificate course)
- Managerial / Professional:
" MBAs / MCAs / Foreign Trade - 15
" Medical Collleges - 2